The Governing Council of the University of Cape Coast, a public University in Ghana established by an Act of Parliament, announces, for the information of the academic community and the general public, vacancies for the following positions: Provost, College of Education Studies
The Provost is the academic and administrative Head of a College. He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for providing leadership to the College and for maintaining as well as promoting the efficiency and good order of the College in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the University of Cape Coast Law, 1992 (PNDCL 278) and the University of Cape Coast Statutes.
Qualification Required & Experience
An applicant must:
• be an internationally acclaimed scholar of professorial status or equivalent status in an analogous institution;
• be a distinguished scholar with capacity to motivate and direct staff;
• exhibit high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills and must be above reproach;
• possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for a common purpose;
• be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment;
• be able to attract grants and funds for research and development activities in the College;
• be an individual of stature and integrity;
• have background in education;
• have a number of years of experience in university management and administration.
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should complete and submit Application Forms together with eight (8) copies of curricula vitae, relevant supporting documents and three-page vision statement to the address below
University of Cape Coast
Electronic copies of the application documents should be sent to the email address:
• Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address.
• The application should be labelled, “APPLICATION FOR PROVOST”.
• The application form is obtainable from the Directorate of Human Resource and the University’s website
Closing Date: 31 March, 2022