• To ensure that both the Company and its Employees are responsible for the best Safety, Health and Environment practices to assure Duty of Care to the environment, employees and the workplace at all times.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Develop procedures for managing and disposing hazardous substances.
• Develop, monitor and constantly improve Environmental Health and Safety and Procedures for company operations.
• Develop a comprehensive Safety Standard Operating Procedure for all PRG Operations.
• Ensure safe working and environmental practices are strictly followed at all times.
• Review Safe Working Procedures when necessary.
• Keep an up-to-date record of all Environmental Health and Safety records of the company.
• Carry out periodic and spontaneous safety Audit/Inspections of all work areas.
• Promote the awareness of Environmental Health and Safety programs of the company.
• Investigate and report accidents, incidence and produce reports with recommendations promptly.
• Identify hazards associated with the workplace and remove/address them at all time.
• Provide and maintain a safe working environment, including safe working and protective equipment for staff at all times.
• Ensure all staff attend and complete Environmental Health Safety (EHS) training courses.
• Contribute significantly to ensure that the company achieve its EHS objectives at all times.
• Ensures that those who fail to comply with Safety Regulations and Practices shall be sanctioned appropriately.
• Ensures that the company meet all Statutory Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations and requirements at all times.
• Undertake other activities that promote EHS Standards and Practices as may be directed by the Company from time to time.
• Ensures contract analysis of all environmental parameters are conducted promptly at all times.
• Ensures the prompt submission of Akoben quarterly reports.
• Prepares Annual Environmental Report and submit to the EPA.
• Compile Environmental Management Plan as required by the EPA.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene and or related field with at least 3-5 years Post qualification experience preferably in the Manufacturing Sector.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org