Be active on LinkedIn. Not everyone is actively searching for a job at every point in time, however having an active LinkedIn account cannot be overemphasized. Your next job might just be searching for you.
How to optimise your LinkedIn profile
- Perfect your professional photo – make sure it gets across your personality, but is also professional. Profiles with a photo get 21x more views and 36x more messages.
- Your headline (the text right under your name) – it is a fantastic opportunity to make a mission statement that is impactful and concise.
- Ensure you’re “Open to opportunities” – this allows recruiters and connections to see that you are proactively looking for your next role.
- ‘About you’ section – make it bespoke to you and allow your personality to shine through. Keep it to 3 impactful sentences.
- Your profile is 27x more likely to be found by recruiters if you fill out all sections of your profile.